Clinicians who wish to become certified by the NAHPCA must first complete the course: “Hospice and Palliative Care Acupuncture”
There are three options:
- Licensed acupuncturists must pass the online course for 16 PDAs (NCCAOM) by following this link, or
- Attend a live presentation workshop earns 16 PDAs (NCCAOM). See calendar for upcoming course dates and locations.
- Medical Doctors or Doctors of Chiropractic who are certified in acupuncture may take either course, but must submit CEUs for board approval.
All questions for the examination come directly from the course book: Hospice and Palliative Care Acupuncture. Examinations consist of multiple choice questions, each with one correct answer.
Tests cover the following areas:
- Hospice and Palliative Care History and Philosophy
- Chinese Cultural Influences on Modern Death and Dying Issues
- East Meets West – The Face of Modern Palliative Care
- Integrating Acupuncture into Current Hospice and Palliative Care Models
- Assessment, Diagnosis, and Treatment of Patients at the End of Life
- Five Elements
- Channel Points for Consideration
- The Major Hospice Diagnoses
- The NAHPCA Treatment Protocol
- Glossary of Point Nomenclature
Once you’ve passed the examination with a minimum score of 70%, you will need to pay for your first year of membership dues to receive your certificate.
Upon certification the clinicians may use the following:
- Certified Provider of Hospice and Palliative Care Acupuncture (CPHPCA)
Please be aware that hospice and palliative care organizations maintain their own training standards for both employees and volunteers, and further information on requirements must be obtained separately.
Please complete form prior to making purchase.
Requirements: Licensed or Certified Acupuncturists, Doctors of Chiropractic and Medical Doctors who have been trained in acupuncture under their board and state licensing requirements.
Includes: Free listing in our state-by-state membership directory, Wall certificate, quarterly newsletter, 20% discount on purchase of our new course book.
Note: Only licensed professionals qualify to take the examination to become a certified provider of hospice and palliative care acupuncture. You must take the course referenced above BEFORE applying for professional membership. Separate materials and exam fees apply. Once a provider has passed the certification examination they remain certified as long as their professional membership dues are current, and they remain in good standing with their licensing board.
Professional Membership Renewal:
One year renewal fees: $75.00
We also offer two year renewal fees at a 10% discount: $135.00